I work with: Concentrating Solar Power
- High temperature solar thermal receiver modeling
- Falling particle receivers, molten salt receivers, super-critical carbon dioxide receivers
- High temperature and high heat flux testing
- Experimental design, testing, and evaluation
- CFD modeling addressing challenging issues in high temperature applications
- Mechanical design of unique testing systems
- Christian, J., Ortega, J., Ho, C., and Yellowhair, J., 2016, “Design and Modeling of Light-Trapping Tubular Receiver Panels,” ASME 2016 Power and Energy Conference, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
- Christian, J., and Ho, C., 2015, “Design Requirements, Challenges, and Solutions for High-Temperature Falling Particle Receivers,” SolarPACES 2015 Cape Town, South Africa
- Christian, J. A. Moya, C. Ho, C. Andraka, J. Yuan. Probabilistic analysis to quantify optical performance and error budgets for next generation heliostats. J. Sol Energy Eng., 2015; 137(3):031014-031014-8. SOL-13-1072.
- Christian, J., C. Ho. Alternative designs of a high efficiency, north-facing, solid particle receiver. Energy Procedia 49 ( 2014 ) 314 – 323.