This project provides subject-matter expertise in economic and technological analysis in support of the DOE Wind and Water Power Technologies Office (WWPTO)—providing responsive analysis to executive, congressional, and senior-management priorities.
Sandia technical expertise is invaluable in analyzing and reviewing proposals and answering technical questions for DOE.
Analysis projects will be dynamically assigned, covering wide topic areas, including, as examples,
- U.S. manufacturing supply analysis,
- production tax credit economic impact scenario analysis,
- small business proposal analysis,
- regional Department of Fish and Wildlife zoning and permitting analysis,
- technological innovation impacts on levelized cost of energy analysis, and
- offshore component and infrastructure supply availability analysis.
This effort will allow Sandia to provide timely responses to short-notice DOE WWPTO requests for analysis and review of various proposals and reports. Members may also participate in a variety of technical discussions to provide techno-economic analysis/support to other DOE labs (such as the National Renewable Energy Laboratory).