Nearly 100 of Sandia’s technical experts will attend the American Geophysical Union (AGU) 2017 Fall Meeting December 11-15 at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. A variety of departments will be represented, including nuclear waste disposal research and analysis, geothermal research, geomechanics, and applied systems analysis and research. Stop by booth #1321 to learn more and don’t miss these sessions hosted by Sandia:
Monday, December 11
MR11B: Detection, Monitoring, and Prediction of Wellbore Integrity I | 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. | Rm. 206 – 207
- Hosted by Ed Matteo, Giorgia Bettin, Tom Dewers, and Steve Bauer
- Topics may include: monitoring and/or detection of wellbore leakage; chemical and mechanical durability of wellbore cement and/or casing; chemical, mechanical, or chemo-mechanical evolution of key wellbore interfaces (cement/casing, cement/host, cement fractures); risk analysis and/or management of leakage scenarios; policy implications and/or environmental impacts of wellbore leakage; performance assessment or safety analysis of subsurface containment.
MR12A: Advances in the Science of Radioactive Waste Cleanup and Disposal I | 10:20 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. | Rm. 203 – 205
- Hosted by Kris Kuhlman, Ed Matteo, and Melissa Mills
- Topics may include: characterization of contaminated hydrological systems, modeling of long-term repository system performance, laboratory investigations into relevant geochemical and/or geomechanical processes, comparative studies of natural analogues to disposal systems, and prediction of behavior in coupled thermal-hydrological-mechanical-chemical waste disposal systems.
Thursday, December 14
MR44A: Shale and Mudstone Multiphysics II | 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. | Rm. 206 – 207
- Hosted by Jason Heath and Tom Dewers
- Topics may include: geomechanics and hydrology of fracture networks including leakage mitigation and gas production decline; chemo-mechanical coupling; advancements in in situ characterization methods; seismic wave behavior; and advanced modeling methods.
Poster Sessions | Poster Hall D-F
- Monday, 12/11, 1:40 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: MR13B: Detection, Monitoring, and Prediction of Wellbore Integrity II Posters
- Monday, 12/11, 1:40 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: MR13A: Advances in the Science of Radioactive Waste Cleanup and Disposal II Posters
- Tuesday, 12/12, 8:00 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.: MR21A: Sedimentary Rock Response and Failure I Posters
- Wednesday, 12/13, 1:40 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: MR33D: Shale and Mudstone Multiphysics I Posters