The Sandia NESL / Brayton Lab has been established to achieve the DOE-NE objective of a 10 MWe recompression closed Brayton cycle (RCBC) for a sodium fast reactor by 2020. We work related projects that advance the technology and advocate for collaborative efforts within government, industry, and communities. The Sandia NESL / Brayton Lab is well positioned to advance the TRL of the various CBC components and procedures.
The NESL / Brayton Lab offers:
- Contracts development (CRADA, WFO)
- Project development and test definition support
- Test architecture design and development
- Purchasing and subcontracting
- Test execution support with experienced engineers and technologists
- Data acquisition, analysis, and delivery