This project provides subject-matter expertise in economic and technological analysis in support of the DOE Wind and Water Power Technologies Office (WWPTO)—providing responsive analysis to executive, congressional, and senior-management priorities.
Analysis projects will be dynamically assigned, covering wide topic areas, including, as examples,
- U.S. manufacturing supply analysis,
- production tax credit economic impact scenario analysis,
- small business proposal analysis,
- regional Department of Fish and Wildlife zoning and permitting analysis,
- technological innovation impacts on levelized cost of energy analysis, and
- offshore component and infrastructure supply availability analysis.
This effort will allow Sandia to provide timely responses to short-notice DOE WWPTO requests for analysis and review of various proposals and reports. Members may also participate in a variety of technical discussions to provide techno-economic analysis/support to other DOE labs (such as the National Renewable Energy Laboratory).